Uninterruptible Power Supplies
Why you need a UPS
You have already invested a good deal of money in your computer network, but have you considered how to protect your equipment from harmful electrical power events such as surges and spikes, noise, or blackouts? Many computer system failures are brought about because of events such as these.
An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) will provide protection to your equipment by:
- Smoothing the main incoming AC power supplied to the connected equipment
- Providing surge protection in case of electrical activity
- Providing battery backup in the event of a power outage
It will also save you time and heartache:
- The UPS software will let you manage an automatic shutdown (i.e. save and close your open files and shut down the connected equipment properly if the power outage outlasts the battery backup capability)
- It will also keep a log of events and monitor your power consumption and the UPS’s performance
What else are UPS’s used for?
UPS’s used to protect and provide battery backup power in a very wide range of applications including:
- Computers for home, gaming, and business
- Networking equipment including Modems, Routers, Firewalls, etc
- Phone systems
- Point of Sale devices
- CCTV and Alarm Systems
- Nurse call systems
- Medical equipment
- Electronic beds and chairs
- Automatic Gates / Doors
We use only Chase Power UPS. This Queensland-owned and operated specialist power quality company offers the highest quality products, excellent customer support, and a generous warranty.
Contact us today to discuss your UPS requirements.